Sunday, March 11, 2007

Six or Seven Lengths Is All We Need ~ Ken McPeek



After the race Team Birdbird gathered at a monitor near the paddock to watch the replay, Kenny like the rest of us was disappointed, we had all been hoping for a win or a top three finish, Birdbird was fifth beaten just over seven lengths. Robby Albarado reported that Birdbird was struggling with the surface throughout the race, for a horse coming off a 97 day layoff, I think we can say he needed the race. In defeat Birdbird joins some illustrious company, don't forget that both Funny Cide(who lost to Peace Rules) and War Emblem did not like the Fair Grounds surface either.

Can Birdbird improve off this effort; can he move up six or seven lengths, I think he can. Keep the faith Birdbird fans!

1 comment:

t said...

I hope I didn't jinx BirdBird by betting on him. It's a rare occasion when I bet with my heart instead of my head, but it's a small way to be a part of it.

I be down next time, too. I love the 2nd off the layoff angle.